See that title? Such was my articulate response when Patricia, aka The Do-Gooder Mama, informed me of her nomination of my little blog.
All I could say was ohmygoshohmygoshthankyouthankyou!
Real smooth, Kaela. Real smooth.
The Liebster Award is exciting because it is given by newbie bloggers to other newbie bloggers (those with 200-300 followers). No one really knows where the Liebster Award started and the rules seem to have morphed over time, but one thing stays the same: those who are nominated get to nominate other bloggers! I get to nominate eleven lovely, talented writers and hopefully make them as happy as The Do-Gooder Mama made me.
First things first, I need to give you 11 random facts about myself and answer Patricia’s 11 questions.
Here we go!
Eleven Random Factoids About Yours Truly:
1. I have lived in approximately 23 different homes throughout my short lifetime. (I have to say approximately because I’ve honestly lost count and it’s exhausting to try to remember them all.)
2. I hate wearing socks.
3. I was home schooled throughout all of grade school and middle school by my incredibly smart and talented mother who somehow managed to make sure my brother and I both loved learning and didn’t turn out too weird. (Hi, Mom!)
4. I say I love coffee, but in reality I love coffee with plenty of creamer. Or maybe I love frappucinos. Or dirty chais. Or green tea lattes. But not coffee. Not really.
5. I play guitar, piano, and bass—adequately. I’m no savant. Singing is also a particular passion of mine.
6. When I was about seven we lived on a farm and took care of leppy (orphaned) lambs. I can bottle feed a lamb like a pro.
7. I grew up in northeastern Nevada and central Idaho. Both places lent themselves to an outdoor type of lifestyle—hiking, camping, dirt biking, snowboarding, swimming. I’m an adventurer at heart.
8. When I was a senior in high school, my church bought me a beautiful new guitar to replace my old (faithful, but worn) one before I was even accepted to the worship music internship I’d applied to. Their confidence and kindness changed my life.
9. I love the stars. Lying in a field for hours watching them sounds like heaven to me.
10. I love Jesus. I’m not a fan of religion.
11. It took me years to actually voice my desire to be a writer. It still sounds weird when I say it out loud! I was too afraid of failing to really throw myself into it. No more! Fail or flourish, I’m in it for the long haul!
Eleven Questions from Patricia:
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
Imagine Dragons, The Lumineers, Sara Bareilles, Parachute, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift—Spotify is awesome.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
I would be a bird. Flying would be….amazing. And when someone makes you mad you can always just poo on their newly washed car.
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
Thankfully my kid is still a little young for such questions. For other people’s kids, I explain to them how light refracts through gas and water molecules until they get bored and walk away.
4. Favorite Food?
I love all food. Sushi is a favorite. Also Italian. Also everything else.
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
Europe. Start in Ireland, hop over to Scotland then Norway, on to France, down through Spain, over to Italy, Albania, and finally Greece. Not that I’ve thought about it at all.
6. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled with ketchup, or fried with a runny yolk over toast.
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
Sadly, I’m not a fan of reality TV. Unless America’s Got Talent counts…?
8. What was your very first job?
Barista at a small local coffee shop opening at 4:30am on Fridays!
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
I have a stack. The Pursuit of God, Because of Winn Dixie, Why Revival Tarries, an Amplified Bible, an ancient Nancy Drew mystery for decor purposes, and my Kindle with at least a dozen books begging to be read including Anna Karenina. My nightstand is a literary dead zone. If a book is there it doesn’t get read. I need to fix this.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
YA novels and chick flicks. I love me some happy endings.
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
The first clear one is when my little brother was born. I would have been two and a half. My dad and I had Burger King at some point. He pointed little bro out through the nursery window. I was vaguely interested in the baby and extremely excited about the Burger King.
My Eleven Nominees:
2. Creating My Niche
3. The Usual Bliss
4. The Inner Beauty of a Restless Heart
5. Sunshine, Lollipops, and Stilettos
7. Writer’s Block Near You
8. Ratnam Residence
9. Chasing After the Son
10. 40 Fit in the Mitt
11. Mommy Training Wheels
My Eleven Questions for You:
1. What is your favorite book?
2. What is your dream job?
3. Who inspires you?
4. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
5. Cabin or beach house? Why?
6. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
7. What does your name mean?
8. What is your best memory?
9. What is one chore you absolutely hate doing?
10. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
11. Why do you write?
It’s dreadfully late and I need to sleep now. Dear Brilliant Blogging Friends, be encouraged, pay it forward, and keep writing!